Dispensary Terms Florida Medical Marijuana
- Budtender: The budtender works inside the dispensary and is considered the product expert. The job includes managing customer satisfaction by guiding them through the product selection process and staying current on Florida laws and regulations
- Cannabidiol: Hemp-derived cannabidiol, or CBD for short, is legal throughout the state of Florida. On the other hand, CBD with higher levels of THC is available to Florida medical marijuana patients
- Cannabiniod: Cannabinoids are the natural compounds found in the cannabis plant. There are hundreds of different compounds present, but only a few dozen are abundant enough to be labeled as cannabinoids
- Caregiver: This is the person a qualified patient designates to make purchases on their behalf. This person becomes the responsible party for the patient. The caregiver may be a parent, health provider, or an individual with power of attorney who is allowed to make decisions for the patient
- Concentrates: Concentrates have high percentages of cannabinoids such as CBD or THC. A few of the concentrates terms are shatter, hash, honeycomb, crumble, wax, and budder. You can learn more about the many types of concentrates in the Concentrates Specialist course
- Dispensary: A dispensary is an organization that dispenses medicine, pharmaceuticals, or other products.
- Edible: A cannabis edible is simply a food item that contains cannabinoids. It can come in the form of cookies, breads, oils, candy, sauce or anything else that can be ingested.
- Eighth: An eighth is a unit of measurement containing 3.5 grams. For example, an eighth of Blue Dream flower is 3.5 grams.
- Extracts: An extract is derived from the flower of the cannabis to make a concentrated cannabinoid-rich product. They can range in textures from runny oil to a dry, crumbly extract such as crumble.
- Flower: Cannabis flower refers to the flowering parts of a male cannabis plant. The flowers go through a series of processing before they are ready to be smoked which includes cultivation, harvest, drying, and curing before it is packaged and ready for shelves.
- Gram: A gram is a unit of measurement used for cannabis. It is the smallest unit of flower that can be purchased. It is typically about the size of a nice-sized bud or joint.
- Hybrid: A hybrid is a cannabis strain created by crossbreeding different phenotypes to produce combined characteristics.
- Indica: Indica is a subspecies of the cannabis plant with short stems and broad leaves. From a consumer standpoint, indica is known for its sedating, relaxing, and heavy physical effects.
- Low THC: Products that are low in THC have little to no psychoactive effect, but contain high amounts of CBD.
- Marijuana delivery device: This is a mobile delivery service that brings cannabis products directly to the consumer.
- Medical director: The medical director oversees an organization’s involvement in the state of Florida’s medical marijuana program.
- Medical use: The medical use of a cannabis plant uses the plant or chemicals of the plant in treatment of diseases and conditions.
- Milligram: This is the unit of measurement the doctor will recommend a specific amount of milligrams. This is the cap of milligrams you are allowed to purchase.
- Ounce: An ounce is a unit of cannabis measurement that is equal to one-sixteenth of a pound. There are 28 grams in one ounce.
- Strain: A strain is the genetic variant of a plant that consist of either pure or hybrid plants. You can find many strain references and definitions on Leafly
- THC: Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC for short, is a crystalline compound that is the active ingredient in the cannabis plant and is responsible for the psychoactive effect.
- Terminal condition: A terminal condition refers to an incurable, lifelong prognosis in which the symptoms are not expected to get better. The term is commonly reserved for progressive forms of disease such as late-stage cancer.
- Tinctures: An extract made by dissolving a medicine by means of a liquid substance such as alcohol or oil.
Check back page often for updates on dispensary terms in Florida.
Topsites Web Directory – nice and clean directory with tons of listings!